Project Manager, Transportation Analytics – Chicago Transit Authority – Chicago, IL
August 2016 – Present
- I am implementing asset management techniques using advanced statistical methods to track faulty automated passenger counter (APC) equipment and maintain APC data quality
- I developed Python libraries to analyze passenger transactional data, joined with CADAVL data, to examine customer flows at the trip level.
- I created a national ridership model to help forecast national and local ridership trends for budgetary purposes
- I perform special ridership analyses to support the service planning group and help diagnose ridership data issues
Temporary Strategic Services Analyst – Pace Suburban Bus – Arlington Heights, IL
January 2016 – August 2016
- I developed a strategic vehicle purchase plan using passenger loading data from Pace's CADAVL (Trapeze TransitMaster) system that reduced empty seat hours on vehicles using advanced graphical tools developed in Tableau. This analysis helped reduce capital needs by matching equipment to demand without changing dispatching patterns (no reblocking!). This lead to the inclusion of 53 small busses in Pace's 2017 Budget.
- I developed a method to analyze passenger transaction data (Ventra) to better understand passenger flows through the public transit network using Python and Amazon AWS infrastructure. This helped us understand journey level passenger movements instead of just trip level movements.
- I created numerous Python scripts to perform ETL operations on non traditional datasets from other departments necessary for reporting within the department. I developed Python scripts to extract data from HASTUS, XLS/XLSX, and Oracle reporting tools as well as an automated reporting tools on performance measures that is delivered to the 200+ communities that Pace serves.
Summer Intern – Center for Neighborhood Technology – Chicago, IL
June 2009 – August 2009
- I analyzed aerial photo land use data in combination with a transportation oriented industrial development to promote sustainability
- I developed a basic train emissions model on train movements in Chicago
Summer Intern – BNSF Railway, Service Design and Performance – Fort Worth, TX
June 2008 – September 2008
- I design a method to merge two databases to improve crew forecasting
- I created a method in Visual Basic to quickly analyze data at train yards to improve efficiency.
Employment at Northwestern University as a Student
Tutor – Tech Tutoring, McCormick School of Engineering
October 2015 – December 2015
- I helped tutor freshman students in various engineering subjects
Web Developer – Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University
February 2007 – December 2010
- I updated over 100 web pages using PHP and HTML on faculty information and research data. I also developed a system to provide ABET reviewers with library of example assignments for review.